Eladio Enrique Martinez Toro
Professor and Senior Researcher
Eladio Enrique Martínez Toro was born on June 29, 1972 in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico. He holds a Ph.D. in Geographic Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Madrid and two bachelor’s degrees in Industrial Engineering and Surveying from the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus.
After working for more than 12 years in the municipal government of his hometown, Sabana Grande, Puerto Rico, he continued his professional career in 2015 at the Universidad Paraguayo Alemana (UPA) as a Professor and Senior Researcher in the Degree programs in Business Administration, Business Informatics and Engineering.
Key research topics include Sustainable Mobility, Smart Mobility and the Integration of Public Transport in Latin America. He has presented his research papers at various international scientific conferences in cities such as Madrid, Barcelona, Amsterdam, and Valencia.
As Executive Vice-president of the International Association of Lions Clubs and a life member of the Junior Chamber International, he has been an international instructor with courses in over 22 countries, specializing in topics such of leadership, motivation, teamwork and integration dynamics, training and teaching techniques for adults, planning and time management, decision making, creativity, project planning, effective communication, public speaking, debating, effective presentations, productive meetings. He speaks English and Spanish.
Production and Manufacturing, Quality Management, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Engineering
Bachelor’s degree Courses:
- Production, Operation and Logistics Management I, II and III
- Business Simulation
- Introduction to Engineering
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Quality and Documentation
- Internships in Paraguay
- Production and Logistics
- Logistics and GIS
- Final Thesis Tutoring
- Photogrammetry I and II
- Remote Sensing, I and II
Master’s degree Courses:
- ISO 9001- Quality Management
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Quality
- SA 8000 – Social Responsibility
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Quality Tools
- Productivity Improvement
- Industrial Waste Management
- Storage and Transportation of Chemical Materials
- Toro, E. E. M., van der Krogt, A., & Vallejo, J. S. (2020, December). Challenges to the Mobility and Integration of Public Transport Systems in Latin America. In Proceedings of the 2020 4th International Conference on Vision, Image and Signal Processing(pp. 1-7).
- Toro, E. E. M., van der Krogt, A., & Flores, R. S. (2019, September). Mobility and integration of public transport systems in latin america. In Proceedings of the 2019 2nd International Conference on Machine Learning and Machine Intelligence(pp. 58-62).
- Toro, E. E. M. (2014). Determinación de un modelo de geoide gravimétrico para Puerto Rico como sistema de referencia para las altitudes ortométricas(Doctoral dissertation, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid).
- Martínez Toro, E. E., & Bethencourt Fernández, A. (2012). Comparación de la precisión de los Modelos Geopotenciales EGM96 y EGM08 en la zona del Caribe.
- Toro, E. E. M., & Bethencourt (2011), A. VALIDACIÓN DE MODELOS GEOPOTENCIALES EN LA ZONA DEL CARIBE.
- Toro, E. E. M., & Bethencourt (2011), A. DOTACION DE ALTITUDES ORTOMÉTRICAS A UNA LÍNEA DE NIVELACIÓN VERTICAL DE ALTA PRECISIÓN.